Here, in this article you will learn what is a discord server widget?, I will teach you how to embed discord server widget into a word press website.
Discord is becoming a more powerful platform with its new amazing features like the discord widget.
Discord widget can be enabled from discord server settings and then you need to embed the code on your website.
- You must be the owner of the Discord server, or have admin rights to make changes in the discord server.
- You must have access to login to your website panel, in order to make changes.
GET READY and DONT BE IN HURRY PLEASE
What is a Discord server Widget?
Through the discord widget, you can create an invite link on your website. It can be created for many purposes like to welcome your web visitors.
You can easily check who is online on discord and game through the website without logging in to your game or discord.
You can also use a Widget bot to embed a discord server into a website, but I won’t recommend as the procedure is the same.
Discord widgets can also be useful for the recruitment process. Recruiters may visit your site to check how active your group is, and can join your recruitment channel without any invite.
How to Embed Discord Server Widget into Word Press Website
Discord server widget can be embedded to any website platform like Word press, WIX, PHP, or others.
Once connected to the website, anybody can send a request to connect or can see how many members are online.
You may need your web developer to embed discord server widget code if your website is built by a developer through the coding.
So, here we will take an example of a Word press site to explain how to embed discord into the website. This process will be done in 2 easy steps, follow the instructions carefully.
STEP 1:- Enable Discord Server Widget and get the code
In this step, you need to enable the discord server widget and copy the embed code which we will paste into word press widget box.
- Open the Discord dashboard, and navigate to the server which you want to link to your website.
- Click on the server name and choose server settings.
- From the left-hand panel of the server settings, look for Widget and click on it.
- In the Server Widget box, the very first option will be “Enable server widget”, click the toggle to enable it.
- Now below from the INVITE CHANNEL, click the drop-down to choose your discord channel which you want to connect.
- Scroll down to the bottom for PREMADE WIDGET and copy the code, save this code somewhere on the notepad.
Ok, so here we are done with Discord, we got the code and now we need to simply paste into the word press widget.
STEP 2:- Embed Discord code into Website
You have the discord server widget code now and you can log in to the word press website to paste the code.
Paste the code into WordPress Widget
- Login to your word press admin panel by adding wp-admin after your site name (yoursite.com/wp-admin)
- From the word press dashboard, hover up to Appearance and choose Widgets.
- From the available widgets, look for Custom HTML and drag it into the sidebar where you want to show the discord widget.
- In the Title, section give any name like Welcome to my Discord and paste the discord code in the content box.
- Click on Save, and then on Done. Open your website to see the changes.
Paste the code into WordPress Page or Post
- Open the Page or Post where you want to connect the discord widget.
- Once you are on the page/post choose the place where you want to paste the code.
- In the menu bar of WordPress, you will see Visual and Text options, click on text.
- Now simply paste the code and click on visual again to see the changes, you will see your discord widget is now visible.
Discord Widget not loading?
Why I am covering this topic here because recently I received many emails of the discord users complaining that their discord widget is not loading.
You may face these issues too, so make sure you must be aware of how to fix discord widget not loading as this can be because of multiple reasons.
We will cover a few of them which mostly work.
- Discord Outage:- The very first thing you need to make sure about the discord outage. You won’t be able to connect to the discord screen if discord is going through any problems.
You can check the status on Discord status
If discord is down, you can better wait for some time and try again, if discord is up you can follow the next step.
- Make sure Discord Widget is Enabled: – Recently one my user wrote to me about how to fix the discord widget not loading, where he only mentioned this method.
Many times we may miss enabling the discord widget, or it may get disabled due to any discord update or changes.
Ensure that the Discord widget is on by going to server settings > Widget.
- Reinsert the code: – You might have made any mistake in pasting the code to the website.
You can remove the code from the website and make sure you follow the above instructions on how to embed the code into the website.
- Clear Windows and Discord Cache: – Caches saves your recent history to reduce the page loading time for the next time. But access to Caches and Windows cache may create a problem sometimes.
The better option is to clear the discord cache.
- Check Windows Date and Time: – If your device date and time are not properly configured it can create a problem for discord to load the widget.
Even if you are sure with the date and time settings, still check the setting again.
So from this article, you learned, what is discord server widget and how to embed it into the website.
You also learned how to fix the discord server widget not loading.
Please follow the instructions carefully while pasting the code into the website; you better spend a few more minutes in following the instructions rather than facing the issues.
If you are not the discord server owner or website owner, you can share this article with the owner for the admin request or let them know how to perform this action.
Please let me know in the comment box if you have any trouble while pasting the discord server widget code into the website, or need assistance.
I am Shahbaz, and by profession, I am a full-time Blogger and a YouTuber. I have done a master’s in M.B.A and I love playing online games like PUBG and Valorant. I have a small family with my mom, dad, and a younger brother. My blogs and videos are on technology as I have experience and knowledge.