You may run into a problem where you want to focus on your work in discord or getting notifications pop-ups while discord minimized, learn how to turn off discord notifications, and get rid of this problem.
It’s really annoying and frustrating sometimes when you manage to focus on discord and suddenly notifications start interrupting in between.
Though Discord notifications are very important which keep us informed so that we should not miss any of the messages?Discord allows us to turn of discord notifications with different options, where we can turn off notifications for any specific user, channel, or an entire server.
How to Turn off Discord Notifications on PC
Discord notifications can be managed from any devices, notifications can be turned off or even you can mute the notifications for a specific time or until you unmute.
Many people want to turn off notifications just because of a few users who are not so important and they keep on texting.
Do you have the same issue, or probably want to completely turn off Discord notifications.
How to Turn off Notifications of Discord Server
You can turn off notifications for the entire server or narrow down by just muting the server. You won’t be receiving any red dot notifications if you turn off all message notifications in the discord server.
If you are planning to raid or want to focus on any particular work and do not want any notifications for some time then you can choose Discord server mute.
Discord servers can be muted for a specific time or until you unmute it. Time frame mentioned by discord is
- For 15 minutes
- For 1 hour
- 8 hours
- 24 hours
- Until I turn it back on
You can choose any of the options depending on you. To mute any discord server right-click on it and hover up to the option Mute Server and choose the options for time.
Turn off Notifications of Discord Channel
Here you will have two options; either you want to mute any specific channel or entire channel in the Server depending on what is blowing your mind.
How to Mute Discord SPECIFIC Channel
Pull up the channel which you want to mute and hover up to the bell icon at the right-hand top and click on it.
A Redline crossing bell icon indicates that your channel has been muted and you can click again on it to unmute.
You can use advanced mute settings for a Channel
- Open Discord dashboard and pull up the server where you have your channel.
- Right-click on the channel and hover up to Mute channel which will give you few options
For 15 minutes
Until I turn it back on
- Choose one of the options and your channel will be now muted.
How to Mute ALL CHANNELS of a Server
If you wish to mute entire and every channel of a server, click on the drop-down beside to server name and click Notifications.
From the notification box scroll down to notifications override and choose the type of channel you want to override.
After choosing the channel, tick on mute, and click on done.
How to Turn off Discord Notifications for a Specific User
Above you learned how to turn off discord notifications for the entire server and channel, but maybe you just want to mute any specific user.
You have 2 options to stop receiving notifications from a specific user
- BLOCK THEM: – If you block any user, you will stop receiving all the notification from that blocked user if they use @mention.
To block any user, right-click their username and choose BLOCK.
Their messages will be hidden for you in the mutual server and you can view it by clicking on the hidden message.
- MUTE THEM: – If you decide to mute any user, you would be receiving messages from that user but there won’t be any notifications.
To mute any user you need to open private messages of that user where you get his DM. Right-click on the username and hover up to Mute and then choose the options for how long you want to mute.
How to Turn off Discord Notifications on Phone
You can mute discord notifications for specific users, channels, or servers on iPhone and Android too.
Turn off Notifications for a SPECIFIC USER on Phone
You might be frustrated with notifications coming from any specific user which can be in a server or Discord DM.
Like PC you can also Block and Mute a user in the Discord phone app
To block a use
- Go to the server to find username and tap once on the user profile picture.
- This will bring a small screen at the bottom of the screen, tap on 3 dots, and choose Block.
To mute a user
- Open Discord App and pull up user direct account where you receive his DM.
- Tap on his username and then on Notifications.
- This will bring the next box where it will ask to mute this conversation. Choose the options for how long you want to mute a user.
How to Mute Discord Channel on Phone
Open your Discord and navigate to the server where you have the channel to mute.
Tap and hold on the channel name which will bring up the channel options. You can directly choose Mute (channel name) or follow the next option for advanced mute settings.
From the channel options, tap on Notification Settings > Mute #channel name.
This will bring up the option where you can choose how long you want to mute the channel.
How to Mute Discord Server on Phone
To mute an entire server in Discord phone follow the below step
- Open Discord App and navigate to the server for which you want to turn off the notifications.
- Tap on the server name and click on Notifications
- From the notification settings click on Mute (server name) which is the first option.
- It will now ask you, how long you want to mute the server. You can choose the time given or can also go with it until I turn it back on.
You have now muted this entire server; you won’t be receiving any notifications from this server.
How to Turn off Discord Notification Sounds
In Discord, you can disable desktop notifications and taskbar flashings and sounds for all kinds of notifications like for message, incoming call, and disconnection sound.
Please follow the steps to turn of discord notification sounds
- Open Discord dashboard and click on the Setting icon located at the left-hand bottom.
- From the left panel of the Settings choose “Notifications”
- In the notifications box, the first option you will find will be for “Enable Desktop notification”. Click on the toggle to turn it off if you want to turn off the discord notifications.
- The third option will be for “Enable Taskbar Flashing” click on the toggle to turn it off if you want to disable taskbar flashing.
- Scroll down now to look for “SOUND”
- You will find all the notification sounds below Sound; from here you can turn of discord notification sounds.
Not Getting Discord Notifications
Now you might be also eager to know what to do in case if you are not receiving discord notifications.
As I mentioned in the beginning, discord notifications are really helpful to read every message while on discord or even minimized.
You need to recheck the above settings depending on what notifications you are not receiving. You can recheck individual user, channel, or server notification settings to make sure they are not muted.
- Open Discord dashboard and click on the Settings icon located at the left-hand bottom.
- From the settings click on Notifications and make sure “Enable Desktop Notification” and “Enable Unread Message Badge” are turned on.
- Once done restart your discord.
After reading this article, on how to turn off discord notifications you know how narrow you can mute people. Mute specific user, channel, or entire server depending on what exactly is annoying for you.
Discord notifications help us to make sure we do not miss any messages, but there comes a time when there are few people who keep on texting rubbish stuff and their notifications start blowing our mind.
Please let me know in the comment box why do you want to turn off discord notifications and please share this article in your discord server and on Facebook.
I am Shahbaz, and by profession, I am a full-time Blogger and a YouTuber. I have done a master’s in M.B.A and I love playing online games like PUBG and Valorant. I have a small family with my mom, dad, and a younger brother. My blogs and videos are on technology as I have experience and knowledge.