In this article, we will learn how to post GIFs on Discord with and without links which means when you choose and select GIF to send, it comes with a link as well. So if you wish you can send it with a link or without a link.
Read the complete article to understand and learn
- How to post GIFs in Discord?
- How to upload GIFs to Discord?
- How to send GIFs on Discord without the link?
How to Post GIFs on Discord with Discord inbuilt GIFs
In this method, you can post GIFs to any individual member or server with the Discord inbuilt GIFs. Follow the steps below
- Open your Discord Dashboard either through apps or web
- Now from the left-hand panel, find the server or user to whom you want to send GIFs
- The chat screen will now come up, look beside the chat screen you will find a GIF box with an emoji right to it.
- Click on the GIF box, which will come up with all GIFs, you can also search for the GIFs you want by typing in the search box.
- Select and click on the GIF you want to send
- You have successfully sent the GIF
Related article: How to make a discord channel private
How to Upload GIFs to Discord from device or GIFs website
In case if you already have saved GIFs on your device or want to send by websites like Giphy.com then follow the steps below.
- Open your Discord dashboard by clicking on the Discord app icon or going to website www.discord.com
- Now from the left-hand panel choose the server or user to whom you want to send GIFs.
- Once the server or user chat screen is up, scroll down to chat panel, look for a + sign beside it and click on it.
- Another box will come up which will ask you to choose the location of GIFs saved on your device.
- Choose the location of your GIFs, click on it, and then click open.
- If you have no GIFs saved on your device, NO PROBLEM, let’s download it from www.giphy.com
- Click the above link to open Giphy website
- Search and choose the one you want to send
- now right-click on the GIFs and click “open link in new tab”
- GIF will now open in a new tab, right-click on it again and click on “save image as”
- You can give a name to this GIF and save to your desktop or to any location you want
- Come back to the Discord chatbox again and click on the + sign to choose the location of the GIF you just saved and open it.
- In the next screen, you will get an option to comment on the GIF before sending it
- Write any comment if you want to and click Upload.
- It will upload and send the GIF
∴Note: – You can also grab GIF from your device to directly chat box to send
How to send GIFs on Discord without the link
The above method of uploading GIFs to Discord will upload GIFs from your device or website and will be without any link.
Without link means, GIF sends will be without any reference link and will be just GIF. While learning how to post GIFs on Discord with Discord inbuilt GIFs, you must have noticed GIFs sent to the user or server along with a GIFs web link.
Anyhow if you want to send GIFs through Discord inbuilt GIFs without a link, then only what you can do is
- Open Discord dashboard
- You must have a demo discord account which is not so active just for the demo purpose.
- Now go to the GIF option besides the chat panel and search for your desire GIFs.
- Send that GIF to the same user which we discussed in point no 2 and once sent copy the link and open in your browser.
- Right-click on the GIF opened on your browser and click “Save image as”
- Choose the location you want to save and come back again to the discord dashboard
- Now navigate to the user or server to whom you really wished to send this GIF, click on the + sign, and browser the location of the GIF you saved and click open to send.
Related Article: How to Test voice on Discord
Frequently Asked Questions
Question: – How to get GIFs on Discord?
Answer: – IF you are on Discord PC, You have two options
- Discord inbuilt GIF, which you can find just behind the text chat panel
- You can save from the website like www.giphy.com or www.tenor.com
Question: – Does Discord have GIFs?
Answer: – Yes, and now Discord is also offering Add to favorites options as well, where while sending any GIFs you will get an option to add to favorites.
Question: – Which are the best sites for downloading GIFs for Discord?
Discord offers us a variety of features while texting and calling. In this article, you learned not only how to post a GIF on Discord but also how to send without link and other ways as well.
Once you will understand and become familiar using GIFs on Discord you can easily play with other things as well and this is how your knowledge increases.
I tried my best to explain how to send and upload GIFs in Discord, still, if I missed anything or you want to learn more than please let me know in the comment box. I will quickly come back with a reply.
Please share your question and topic as well if you want me to write on that.
Thank you for reading.