In this article, you will learn how to get the crown on discord and how to hide the discord server owner crown.
When we hear the word crown, the very first thing that comes in our mind is either the king or the power.
Discord Crown Icon
What does the crown mean on discord?
The crown symbol is assigned to the server owner which indicates that you are the king and creator of your server.
Having a crown icon on your name indicates that you are the responsible person and make it easier for other members in the server to identify who to reach for any help.
Having a crown icon on your name comes with lots of responsibility, which sometimes is not so easy to handle. In such a case you can assign an admin on the server.
How to get the crown on Discord?
The crown badge is assigned to the server owners like you assign colors to different roles to specify their power in the server. Owners are identified by their crown badge in front of their name.
Discord Crown disappeared
If you are the discord server owner or reading this article on behalf of the server owner and you lost your crown badge from your name or it just disappeared.
Discord how to get crown back
You can bring the crown badge back on your name by making some changes to roles. Follow the steps
- Open discord dashboard and navigate to the server where you lost your crown.
- Click on the server name and choose server settings.
- Now from the server setting options click on roles, this will list you all the created roles in the server.
- Now click on every role and come to role settings and make sure the first option of “Display role members separately from online members” is off.
- If it’s on then turn it off and do this for every role to make sure it’s turned off.
- Once done refresh the screen by clicking CTRL + R key and check your crown icon again, it should be back.
How to Hide Discord Server Owner Crown
When you create a server, being a server owner you get the crown badge with your name which helps members in the server to identify who to reach for any server help.
But there comes a time when you have a huge number of members in the server and it becomes hard to entertain all the requests, as people approach you first because of the crown icon.
You can create roles for the admin to handle those requests and can hide discord server owner crown badge from your name to be like normal members for a few days.
Though you will have all the access and permissions you had before.
Follow these steps to hide the crown icon.
Create a Role for Admin
In this step, you need to create a role for the admin where you need to make some changes. Follow the steps
- Open the Discord dashboard and locate it to your server.
- Click on the server name and from the drop-down choose Server Settings.
- Now in the server settings, choose Roles from the left-hand panel.
- Click on the + icon, which is on the very right to ROLES, and give a name to this role like Admin or any other.
- You can choose the color if you want to give any specific color to this role.
- Scroll down to Role settings and click on the toggle to turn on the first feature of “Display role members separately from online members” and then scroll down more to turn on the Administrator’s permission.
- Now click on Save changes to save all the settings.
Now Press CTRL + R key to refresh the screen and once the screen is refreshed you will see the crown icon disappears from the server owner name.
I am very sure this method will hide the discord server owner crown, if not you can try
Adding yourself in the role by following below steps
- Go to Server settings again and choose Members which will be at the bottom in the User Management section.
- In the members, search for yourself and click on 3 dots by hovering upon your name.
- Click on Roles and choose the role you just created to add yourself to this new role.
- Close the screen and press CTRL + R key again to refresh the discord screen.
Discord crown icon in front of your name creates a superb feel of a king managing his empire and everyone would like to taste the power of this.
Many owners want to get rid of this crown icon just because they want to be common like other members and some try their best to get this crown icon.
What was your intention behind reading this article on how to get crown on discord? Do let me know in the comment box and please share this article.